Over the years the rules for buying a computer have changed considerably. No longer is the laptop considered a second class citizen in the computer world, especially with the new screens, the new classes of processors and huge hard drives that are available. People have talked about using laptops as desktop replacement for year but until now, it really hasn’t been feasible but the laptops being built today will definitely do the job. However, how can you ensure you’re getting the best price possible on laptop computers?
Take a look at these tips and make sure you’re doing everything you can to get great deals on laptops:
1. Since laptops have a limited upgrade path, buy as much laptop as you can afford. This ensures you’ll get years of service out of your investment.
2. Unless you’re into gaming, virtually any new laptop system will give you a very good user experience when connecting to the internet, using word processing and other office capabilities and other standard functions. This means you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on a laptop when one costing a few hundred will be more than enough for your needs.
3. If you’re using a laptop as a desktop replacement, using a docking station will simplify life immensely and save you money. These allow you to have a full sized setup for screens, keyboards and other peripherals in your home or office but enable you to disconnect your laptop computer in seconds to take with you. This means you can still use your existing screens and peripherals without losing functionality.
4. Make sure you get the right version of Windows when buying your laptop. All laptops will have some version of Windows pre-installed but the Home versions have limitations that may prove troublesome in a business environment and upgrading is usually more expensive than buying a laptop with the right version already installed.
5. Watch for seasonal sales and specials. Back-to-school, Christmas and other seasonal sales can save you hundreds on a new laptop computer.
6. Retailers will discount heavily on “older” laptops (which may only be a few months old) as new processors, operating systems and configurations come out. Paying attention to product cycles can save hundreds as well.
Buying a new laptop and getting a good deal isn’t as hard as you may think. It does take some research and a little patience to ensure you’re getting everything you want while getting one at a price you can afford. Today, laptops can take the place of a desktop system very easily so you can actually reassign the money you’d spend on a desktop and buy more laptop instead. Keep in mind that a laptop computer is an investment in your future so buying as much laptop as possible will serve you best.